Wednesday, June 24, 2009

New projects... and then some.

Lately, I've been keeping mighty busy with SWEATSHOP - but with director Stacy Davidson putting the finishing touches on it and the two of us excitedly shipping it off to various film festivals, I've decided its time to start looking toward future projects.

Right now, I have several on the drawing board: my long-gestating Japanese demon film, JIKININKI; an apocalyptic dream project with Stacy Davidson; and two mutated animal-run-amok scripts that I'm praying I'll be able to talk to the Sci-Fi Channel about eventually producing.

Only one project is a certainly, though - my latest producing gig on Chris Warren's innovative, psychedelic nightmare pic, IMAGO.

IMAGO is a very different film for me, as it doesn't contain the genre conventions that I have previously surrounded myself with. It doesn't have a masked slasher, no one is trapped in the woods or a factory, and there are less than 20 or 30 deaths. Its one part psychological mindgame and two parts squishy Cronenbergian nightmare, mixed with a health dose of eerie mythology and some mighty fine goo-slinging.

I figured that now would be as good a time as any to stretch out - and this looked like the perfect project to do it with.

On the off-chance I say too much and the film's co-writer/producer Mel House (WALKING DISTANCE) kicks my lily white ass into next week, I'll dispense with further plot details. I can say, however, that it stars - among others - Natali Jones (WALKING DISTANCE), Lisa Wilcox (A NIGHTMARE ON ELM STREET 4 and 5), Parrish Randall (THE QUICK AND THE UNDEAD), and SWEATSHOP's Melanie Donihoo and Danielle Jones. The prosthetic effects will be handled by the always -amazing Marcus Koch under his Oddtopsy Effects banner.

Principal photography begins August 1st.

I'm extremely excited to be a part of another Texas-based feature, and I'll be updating you with additional details on IMAGO as soon as I know more. In the meantime, wish us luck - and become a fan of IMAGO on Facebook by clicking HERE.

Expect more soon. I never get tired.

No comments:

Post a Comment